Testimonials on Animal Healing Stories

Testimonials on Animal Healing Stories

Lulu – the Staffie:

Last month our Staffie dog, Lulu, cornered a neighbour’s cat at the bottom of our garden. I don’t think she meant to harm it, as she had the opportunity but didn’t draw blood. However, the terrified cat fought for it’s life and scratched Lulu’s face and eye quite badly. She came inside looking very sorry for herself and couldn’t open her eye. She spent the next 24 hours in her basket, not wanting to eat or go outside at all. The next afternoon Allison popped in for a social visit and when Lulu heard her voice, she got up and wagged her tail in greeting. When Allison saw what Lulu looked like she offered to do some energy healing on her. The dog seemed to sense that Allison was helping her and she sat quietly while Allison treated her. The next day she was up and about again – running around the garden and fetching her ball. Thankfully her eye has healed up completely and there are no scars on her face.

Cape Town
Nov 2006

Jonty – the Bull Mastiff
Jonty’s story


On Saturday, 04 November 2000, we arrived home to discover that our 2 year old male Bull Mastiff, Jonty was missing. The next morning we were told that lots of fireworks had gone off in our area that night, which would have caused his disappearance. We searched the entire week, contacted all the Vets in our area, visited the SPCA put out “missing” pamphlets with his picture, drove around morning, lunchtimes and evenings, continually calling his name, but to no avail.

Then on Saturday, 11 November, my husband, son and son-in-law decided to make one last search by walking along the railway line and adjacent bush at the back of our property. By what we can only describe as a miracle, our son decided to search in a very dense part of the bush and suddenly came across Jonty, just sitting motionless with a wire cable noose around his neck. The other end of the wire was tied to a 2 metre long thick branch that was wedged between two pine trees. The wire had made deep cuts in his neck. He was dehydrated, his hair was falling out and he was obviously very traumatised. It was so unbelievable that he was still alive after all this time without food or water.

Once he was released he bolted for home. On the way he crossed a stream of water which he fell into and just drank and drank. The boys finally had to help him up and carry him to their parked van. The Veterinary Clinic advised us that it was only due to his good health that he survived without food and water for 6 days. He treated his wounds and stabilised him and after a few hours advised us to take him home as the clinic was only adding to his trauma.

Jonty, our “Gentle Giant”, always so placid, always playing and jumping around, he loved everybody and everybody loved to play games with him. After this ordeal, he was terribly angry and aggressive, he just lay around and moped. He never even raised an eyebrow when somebody came to visit. We just didn’t know how to help him. We would sit with him for hours, stroking his head and talking to him, trying to induce him to a game with his favourite ball, but nothing seemed to help.

Then Allison Scott, who had heard of Jonty’s ordeal phoned to ask if she could come and help by doing energy healing on him. This all seemed a little strange to us, but we were so desperate to get our old Jonty back again that we agreed. We were sitting on the verandah when Allison arrived in her car. To our utmost surprise, Jonty jumped up and ran down to the gate wagging his tail, he couldn’t wait for her to get out of the car he was so happy. We were totally amazed at this reaction to Allison, a total stranger to him.

Allison rubbed some orange oil on her hands and applied it gently to his coat. (It was the “Shock” bottle from the Aura-Soma range of therapy oils.) Then Jonty got up and moved away from us. After a few minutes he came back and sat at Allison’s feet as if letting her know that he was ready for more. Then she moved her hands a few centimetres above Jonty’s head, neck and back for several minutes. Then Jonty moved away again then came back after several minutes. This happened numerous times, as if he was regulating and integrating what she was doing. She came and did this once a day for 4 days and she left the orange oil with me for me to apply twice a day. We did this treatment for a week and every day Jonty got better and better, he was slowly returning to his old self again. Within a month, apart from the scar around his neck, he was back to his old playful self again. We never gave up and neither did he, Our “Gentle Giant” had returned!

Wendy & Stephen Potgieter
Pinetown, KZN

Please share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *